Volunteering during COVID-19
The role our volunteers play during the COVID-19 pandemic is more important than ever. If you’re interested in helping our care teams and our patients, please explore this site for more information on available opportunities and to apply to become a volunteer.
You may be wondering what we are doing to keep our volunteers safe. Please rest assured that your health and safety is our highest priority! We're taking extra steps to ensure safe environment for our patients, team members and volunteers.
The Advocate Aurora Safe Care Promise applies to our volunteer program:
- Our interview process is conducted online or via phone and the new volunteer orientation is an online module.
- All volunteers are screened each time they volunteer at the hospital.
- All volunteers wear a hospital-supplied mask for the duration of their shift.
- We practice appropriate distancing so volunteers feel safe when volunteering at the hospital.
- We disinfect high-touch areas to ensure a safe environment for everyone entering our facility including our volunteers. In addition to that, we minimize the need to touch any public surfaces so volunteer check-in and check-out process is done on a volunteer’s smartphone, at their computer or over the phone.
We look forward to having you on our hospital team!