We’re committed to helping people live well. To fulfill this commitment ethically and with integrity, our code of conduct guides our choices to make sure we stay in line with our mission, purpose, values, and any laws or regulations that apply to us.
Patients, family members and Advocate team members are encouraged to contact us with any instances you feel we’ve fallen short of our commitment through our hotline or online form, hosted securely by an unbiased third party – EthicsPoint.
Call 888-847-6331 to report an issue.
Or find out how you can report a concern online.
What to report
Patients and family members can report instances of
- Patient safety issues
- Violating any patient rights
- Discrimination or improper treatment of a patient
- Turning a patient away for inability to pay for care
- Drug diversion (when a clinical team member diverts medication from a patient for their own use)
- Improper documentation in a patient’s medical record
In addition to the above instances, team members can report instances of
- Accreditation lapse resulting in improper payment for services
- Retaliation based on reporting compliance issues
- Supervisor retaliation
- Possible conflicts of interest
- A team member accepting a nonallowable vendor gift
- Inaccurate claim submission, such as changing the diagnosis
- Inappropriate financial relationships with physicians, such as providing free rent to an independent physician
- Any apparent compliance violation
For more information about how to report a concern and what concerns are appropriate to report, visit Advocate Aurora Health’s EthicsPoint reporting system.